Best US GAAP Books
US GAAP is the standard set of generally accepted accounting principles in the United States. Understanding and adhering to these principles is essential for any business or accountant.
There are several ways to learn about and keep up with US GAAP. Taking a course, attending webinars, and reading US GAAP books are all great options. This blog post will review some of the best books on US GAAP. Whether you are new to GAAP or looking for a refresher, one of these books will suit your needs.
Top 5 US GAAP books for 2023
1. Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Codification—This is the official source of GAAP. The Codification is updated annually and includes all authoritative literature issued by the FASB. These US GAAP books is for you if you want to be as up-to-date as possible on GAAP.
2. Open Compliance and Ethics Group Library—The OCEG Library contains several resources on GAAP, including books, articles, tools, and templates. The library is updated regularly, so you can be confident that you are getting the most current information available.
3. Wiley GAAP 2022—Wiley GAAP 2022 is a comprehensive guide to interpreting and applying GAAP. This book covers all aspects of financial reporting under GAAP, including recent changes and developments.
4. Deloitte brings Clarity to Complexity: An Illustrated Guide to U.S. GAAP—This guide provides clear explanations and illustrations of key concepts in US GAAP. The content is presented in an easy-to-understand format, making it an excellent resource for those who are new to GAAP or need a refresher.
5. PwC's Key Concepts for Understanding U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Principles—This book provides an overview of US GAAP with clear explanations of key concepts. The book also includes practice problems to test your understanding of the material.
Several excellent books on US GAAP are available to help you learn about and keep up with the latest developments in financial reporting standards.
These are some of the best resources available to those who need to brush up on their understanding of US GAAP principles. Whether you are new to accounting or just need a refresher, these books will help you become acquainted with GAAP essentials to apply in your business.
Financial professionals who want to set themselves apart in today's global marketplace need to have a strong understanding of both IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
The U.S. GAAP Fundamentals for Finance Professionals Certificate provides the core knowledge to work with companies in the U.S. capital markets.
This self-paced online programme includes 15 modules that cover essential topics such as financial statements, revenue recognition, fair value measurements, and more.
Upon completing all modules, participants will earn a digital badge to demonstrate their new global financial reporting fluency. Alternatively, modules can be purchased individually to address learning goals specifically.
Visit Eduyush.com to learn more about the AICPA US GAAP certification and how it can help you thrive in a global environment.