Earners of the Application of Data Analysis Essentials Certificate turn their hands-on learning experience into real-life practical uses. Badge earners analyze data, identifying the different type of variables that make up a data set, then calculate fundamental aspects of data sets using core statistical techniques. These candidates perform calculations on data to discover and explore relationships that yield insights needed for organizational leaderhips to make data-driven decisions.
An essential guide for accounting and finance professionals. Learn core concepts in data analytics and how to conduct and apply data analytics to projects in your organization.
This certificate is Part 2 of the Data Analyst Certificates Bundle - a comprehensive five-part program that provides training and practical guidance on the topic of data analytics.
The Application of Data Analysis Essentials Certificate provides the core concepts and definitions of data analytics, which explain the anatomy of data as a medium, and provides fundamental statistical analysis techniques for beginning to glean useful information from data.
First, you will learn the different types of variables that make up a data set and perform meaningful calculations on data to discover and explore relationships that yield insights: central tendency, variability, probability, and distribution. Then we will delve into recognizing these qualities in their different forms and how to utilize them in practical business situations. This program offers straightforward exercises to help you practice and immediately apply what you've learned. You will also get exposure to and practice with useful concepts such as quartiles, variance, and standard deviation.
Finally, you will be introduced to one of the most powerful tools available for analyzing data: the open-source "R" platform. You will be guided through an actual use case for analyzing data using R and complete your learning by seeing how the statistical concepts you've just learned can be applied in a real-world example. By completing this certificate, you will have a solid grasp of core statistical techniques underpinning an analytics practice and practice using them in a simulated lab environment with step-by-step guidance.
Note: It is recommended that you complete Data Analytics Core Concepts, or ensure you have equivalent knowledge and skills, before starting this certificate course.
Learning Labs: This is an interactive learning program that includes bonus simulated learning labs with step-by-step guidance that will expose you to the tools needed to implement an analytics practice in a practical way and equip you to deploy those tools as needed within your organization. You will practice using various technologies for preparing, analyzing and managing datasets in the real world. *Time spent on learning labs does not award CPE and completing learning labs is not a requirement for earning the certificate.
Accounting and finance professionals, especially those interested in learning and applying data analysis techniques to help their organizations make informed, data-driven business decisions.Other information
|Format:||Course - Online|
|Access:||This is a digital product. You will have access to the content for a year after purchase date.|
You have twelve (12) months from the date of purchase to complete the entire program.
- The certificate course subscription validity period is for 12 Months respectively.
- Students will receive an activation directly from AICPA within 3 working days
All students will get a digital badge upon completion. A digital badge helps you gain recognition for earning your certificate by allowing you to easily display and share your achievement. Prospective clients and employers will be able to quickly verify your competencies and skills. The digital badge also provides greater credibility and visually declares your commitment to quality. According to a recent LinkedIn study, profiles with certifications and badges receive six times the number of profile views.
- Determine and classify variables.
- Calculate meaningful statistics, including central tendency, measurement and variability, basic probability, conditional probability, advanced probabilities, discrete distributions, and continuous distributions.
- Analyze statistics and distributions in R case study.
- Analyze fraud-detection case study.
- The nature and types of different variables in data sets and how to use them
- Fundamental statistical concepts for working with data
- Characteristics of data that can be used for conducting analysis
- Basic calculations for analyzing and discovering useful insights from data sets
- How to understand and calculate probability from a data set
- Different types of distribution and how they can be used
- Guided exposure to the open-source R platform and its analytics capabilities
- A practical case study exploring how statistical analysis can be used in a common fraud-detection scenario
- Examples and practice exercises throughout the program to reinforce what you learn