The U.S. International Tax Certificate Program provides Accounting and Finance professionals the competencies needed to navigate the international tax environment.
These courses have been updated with the most recent international tax guidance, including regulations and notices addressing changes to rules for Foreign Tax Credit (FTC), Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI) and Base Erosion and Anti-Abuse Tax (BEAT).
The U.S. International Tax Certificate is a comprehensive learning program that helps global finance and accounting professionals navigate the highly complex world of international taxation. The certificate program is made up of a three-part series to take you from mastering the essential principles and concepts to building and applying your knowledge of complex topics.
The Learners go through three certifications as under. Once the learners complete each of these certifications, they get a digital badge for the same
U.S. International Tax: Core Concepts
Earners of the U.S. International Tax: Core Concepts badge demonstrate knowledge of core international tax concepts, including entity classifications and different forms of operating a business in a foreign country. Badge earners apply knowledge to global tax system transactions. These candidates recall key impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on international tax transactions such as transfer pricing, income sourcing, and foreign tax credits.
U.S. International Tax: Inbound and Outbound Transactions
Earners of the U.S. International Tax: Inbound and Outbound Transactions badge have demonstrated knowledge of inbound and outbound taxation, including the major areas of US international tax reform such as DRD, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, and Section 965. They’ve also learned such inbound topics as effectively connected income, sourcing, withholding rules, FATCA and compliance.
U.S. International Tax: Advanced Issues
Demonstrates knowledge of advanced international tax issues and transactions, such as U.S. transfer pricing, tax treaties, global BEPS, reorganizations, stock acquisitions, inversion rules and more.
- You will be prepared to appropriately plan for and ensure compliance with applicable tax regulations within your jurisdiction and globally.
- You will be able to identify the issues related to international tax and provide appropriate solutions to your clients.
- You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to operate your business effectively and efficiently on a global scale.
The full certificate program is comprised of three bundles offering their own digital badge:
- U.S. International Tax: Core Concepts
- U.S. International Tax: Inbound and Outbound Transactions
- U.S. International Tax: Advanced Issues
- CPAs or consultants serving U.S.-based multinational companies.
- Accounting & finance staff, including CPAs, in business & industry seeking to understand international tax concepts to make more informed business decisions.
- Public accounting firms with clients who are global or planning on becoming global seeking to understand the complex and dynamic international tax environment.
On completion of each certificate, you will receive a digital badge to share with your online professional network. The badge is also available as a downloadable PDF certificate suitable for printing and framing.Course outline
|Prerequisite||It is recommended that you complete each certificate in sequential order as the content presented in each certificate builds on training in previous certificates.|
|Format:||Course - Online|
|Access:||This is a digital product. You will have access to the content for 2 years after purchase date.|
You have 2 years from the date of purchase to complete the entire program.
- The certificate course subscription validity period is for 2 years respectively.
- Students will receive an activation directly from AICPA within 3 working days
All students will get a digital badge upon completion. A digital badge helps you gain recognition for earning your certificate by allowing you to easily display and share your achievement. Prospective clients and employers will be able to quickly verify your competencies and skills. The digital badge also provides greater credibility and visually declares your commitment to quality. According to a recent LinkedIn study, profiles with certifications and badges receive six times the number of profile views.
- Distinguish the differences between various types of global tax systems and certain characteristics of each
- Recognize how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has impacted international taxation
- Identify detailed rules covering sourcing, withholding and compliance issues
- Recognize the Foreign Tax Credit Rules and key concepts
- Identify the accepted transfer pricing methods and when it’s appropriate to use them
- Recall how U.S. tax treaties determine U.S. tax residency and how it impacts eligibility under the treaty
- Controlled Foreign Corporations (CFCs)
- U.S. Shareholders
- Subpart F Income
- Dividends Received Deductions (DRD)
- Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI)
- Section 965
- Foreign-Derived Intangible Income (FDII)
- Base Erosion and Anti-abuse Tax (BEAT)
- Previously Taxed Income (PTI)
- Passive Foreign Investment Corporation (PFICs)
- Foreign Tax Credits (FTCs)
- Dual Consolidated Losses (DCLs)
- foreign currency,
- Effectively Connected Income (ECI)
- Branch Profits Tax (BPT)
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980
- (FIRPTA) Transfer Pricing
- Tax Treaties
Students who complete all the courses will get a digital badge. Earners of the U.S. International Tax Certificate have demonstrated knowledge of essential principals, concept, and complex international transactions.
What is a digital badge and how do i use it
Your certificate will be issued electronically as a digital badge. For information on how digital badges work, please see Digital Badge FAQ page on AICPA site
An Excellent selection for those wanting to further their knowledge in International Taxation (my reason to be here).
Prompt service and pricing suited to the Indian pocket.
Highly recommended to read their section on AICPA.