As a CPA, you will need to pay for the courses, materials, and other fees associated with the certification. Knowing how much money you’ll need to invest in the process can help you plan and budget appropriately. This article will provide an overview of CPA course fees and how you can save money.
CPA Course Fees: What to Expect?
The cost of CPA courses and materials can vary greatly depending on where you live and which courses you take.
When budgeting for CPA course fees, it’s essential to research the fees associated with each course and factor them into your budget. This will help ensure you have enough money to cover your CPA course fees.
Factors Affecting CPA Course Fees
The cost of CPA courses and materials can vary depending on several factors. The most common factors are:
- The state where you live.
- The institution offering the course vs Self study review courses
The state in which you live can significantly impact the cost of your courses. Some states require additional fees for the CPA exam and may also have different regulations for CPA courses. It’s essential to research the fees associated with each state before enrolling in a course.
The institution offering the course can also impact the cost of the course. Certain institutions may have higher fees due to their reputation or the quality of the courses they offer. Additionally, some institutions may offer discounts or special offers for specific courses.
We estimate the total CPA course fees for students in India including exam fees & study materials to be between $4,000 to $5,800 or INR 335,000 to INR 475,000.
We break this down to you in two components
|Cost structure||Price in USD||Price in INR|
|CPA course fees (average)||$2,800 to $3,200||Rs.235,000 to Rs. 275,000|
|CPA Review course fees||$1,200 to $2,500||Rs.100,000 to Rs.200,000|
The break is explained as below
CPA Course Fees in Different States
The cost of CPA courses and materials can vary depending on the state in which you live. Some states require additional fees for the CPA exam and may also have different regulations for CPA courses.
Additionally, some states may offer reduced fees for specific courses or discounts for students. Here is an overview of CPA course fees in different states:
We list down states where International students can register primarily on account of the following reasons
- Some states accept 120-semester units
- No requirement for a Social Security number
- Accept International students
Critical Fees comparasion for 2023
|US Citizenship mandatory||No||No||No||No||No|
|Work Experience||1800 hours||2000 hours||1 year||4 months||1 Year|
|CPA Licence costs||$300||$150||$427||$300||$290|
* Colorado doesn't have a requirement for SSN, but students will need to submit a notarised affidavit they dont need a SSN.
In addition to the above fees, you will be required to pay other CPA Fees
In addition to the CPA course fees, there are other fees associated with becoming a CPA. Here is an overview of the most common CPA fees:
- International Students exam fees: In addition to above, non US citizens need to pay $ 1485 as International CPA exam fees for all the four subjects
- Exam Retake: The exam fees for the CPA exam can range from $180 to $200, depending on the state and the exam section.
- Evaluation fees: Fees paid to NASBA ranges between $225 to $300
- Ethics exam fees: The fees varies between $150 to $250
- Renewal Fees: The renewal fees for the CPA license can range from $50 to $150, depending on the state.
- Continuing Education Fees: The continuing education fees for the CPA license can range from $50 to $200, depending on the state.
International students (Indians) will need to budget approx $2,800 top $3,200 towards the cost of the overall CPA exam fees.
CPA course review fees
When choosing a CPA review course, you'll want to consider the following factors:
- How much experience the course instructor has teaching CPA candidates
- The comprehensiveness of the course material
- The quality of the practice exams and other assessment tools
- The availability of supplemental study materials, such as flashcards and video lectures
- You may also want to consider the reviews that other students have written about specific courses.
The review course cost between $1200 to $2500. Read our detailed blog on CPA review course comparasion for recommended tuition partners.
How to Save Money on CPA Course Fees
CPA courses and materials can be expensive, but there are ways to save money on them. Here are some tips to help you save money on CPA course fees:
- Research: Before enrolling in a course, research its fees. This will help you find the best deal and ensure you get the most for your money.
- Special Offers: Many institutions offer special discounts or offers on specific courses. Make sure to take advantage of these offers to save money on your courses.
- Financial Aid: Many institutions offer financial aid for students who qualify. You can get a significant discount on your CPA course fees if you qualify for financial aid.
- Online Courses: Online courses can often be cheaper than traditional courses. Check if any online courses are available for the courses you need and see if they are cheaper than traditional ones.
- Group Discounts: If you have friends who are also taking CPA courses, you may get a group discount on the courses. This can help you save money on your CPA course fees.
Knowing the fees associated with becoming a CPA can help you budget appropriately and ensure you have enough money to cover your CPA course fees.
Now that you understand the CPA course fees and how to save money on them, you can start budgeting for them. Remember to research the fees associated with each course and factor them into your budget. This will help ensure you have enough money to cover your CPA course fees and become a certified CPA.
If you have any questions about CPA course fees or the process of becoming a CPA, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be happy to help you understand the CPA course fees and save money on them.
Students can have any of the following qualifications.
- Member of the "Institute of Costs & Works Accountants in India."
- Member of the "Institute of Chartered Accountants of India."
- Member of the "Company Secretaries in India."
- Master of Commerce.
- B.com graduates pursuing a Master's.
There are plenty of AICPA courses that offer you CPE credits, Eduyush partners with AICPA to offer these courses at Indian pricing. Most of these courses offer between 15-30 CPE credits.
Passing all four sections of the CPA Exam within an 18-month window is essential, achieving a score of 75 or higher on each.
Your notification letter will include when your time limit runs out for those components you have already passed - giving you just under eighteen months from that date to complete any remaining tests and attain success on them all!
Yes students are allowed to take all the four sections together.
No, most states permit international students to sit for the CPA exams.
Yes, the exams and testing pattern is the same.
To take the CPA Exam, a current passport is essential. Successful completion of this exam can open many doors - providing aspirants with numerous career opportunities far beyond borders!
Responding to the changing needs of accounting professionals, the AICPA and NASBA are transforming how CPAs reach licensure. By January 2024, a new core-plus-discipline licensure model will be in effect – designed not only to provide upskilling opportunities for future CPAs but also ensure they possess cutting edge knowledge required by today's evolving profession.
The cost of the CPA Exam can vary depending on the state in which you take it.
Typically, the total fee is between $4000 and $6000 for students on self study.
So, while the CPA Exam may not be considered cheap, it is an investment that can pay off in terms of career opportunities and higher wages.
With the innovative computer-based CPA Exam offered at Prometric Testing Centers, candidates can now access limitless opportunities! You can strive for successful exam results throughout the year through the continuous testing model.
While future attempts will depend on your scores from previous tries of each section – no cap or restrictions control how often you take each part of this rewarding examination.